Ford Bronco 1978-1981, Locking Hub by Rugged Ridge®. Don't risk being left stranded by failed automatic locking hubs! Replace those unreliable automatic locking hubs with these super strong, premium manual locking hubs from Rugged Ridge. They're made of tough, impact resistant, nodular iron, won't slip when in 4WD, offer improved fuel economy, reduced wear on the driveline, and take only about 20 minutes to install.
- Better and reliable 4WD performance when manual hubs are locked. Works in reverse and compression braking
- No slippage or partial engagement problems like automatic hubs
- Better fuel economy when freewheeling in 2WD mode. Great for any tow vehicle
- Decreases wear on internal components by engaging 4WD only when needed
- Full metal cap and body crafted from impact resistant nodular iron
- Corrosion resistant die cast aluminum caps coated with high luster epoxy enamel for a long lasting finish
- More durable and cost effective than replacing or servicing automatic hubs
- Manual hubs off extra gear ranges. Unlocking hubs and driving in 4WD gains use of 2WD Low and 2WD high Ranges
- Average installation takes less than 20 minutes
- Backed by a 3-year limited warranty
Automatic locking hubs are a fine idea for somebody that only needs 4WD during the occasional snowstorm and doesn't want to bother getting out of their vehicle. But they're just too unreliable for regular 4-wheeling off-road, failing far too often when you need them the most, and leaving you stranded. Plus, automatic hubs have other issues like slipping when engine braking on a hill.
These manual locking hubs will give you the reliable 4WD performance you need for serious off-roading. And they off other benefits like improved fuel economy and reduced driveline wear. When freewheeling in 2WD mode friction is greatly reduced, for increased mileage and enhanced driveline durability. They're made of impact resistant nodular iron, with a corrosion resistant die cast aluminum cap.
These manual locking hubs come with everything required for easy installation, including instructions, and they're backed by a 3-year limited warranty.
Rugged Ridge® is a division of Omix-Ada, the leader in Jeep replacement parts. Based in Suwanee, Georgia, Rugged Ridge was begun almost two decades ago when the enthusiasts at Omix-Ada decided that even a vehicle as tough as a Jeep could be improved upon. Since then, Rugged Ridge has created over 500 accessories to improve your Jeep’s performance, utility and appearance. Unlike parts made for ordinary vehicles, Rugged Ridge knows that every part made for a Jeep must uphold the Jeep tradition of strength and capability, so every part is designed, tested, manufactured and tested again to make sure it’s perfected. Then and only then can it be installed on your Jeep.