- Better and reliable 4WD performance when manual hubs are locked. Works in reverse and compression braking
- No slippage or partial engagement problems like automatic hubs
- Better fuel economy when freewheeling in 2WD mode. Great for any tow vehicle
- Decreases wear on internal components by engaging 4WD only when needed
- Full metal cap and body crafted from impact resistant nodular iron
- Corrosion resistant die cast aluminum caps coated with high luster epoxy enamel for a long lasting finish
- More durable and cost effective than replacing or servicing automatic hubs
- Manual hubs off extra gear ranges. Unlocking hubs and driving in 4WD gains use of 2WD Low and 2WD high Ranges
- Average installation takes less than 20 minutes
- Backed by a 3-year limited warranty
Automatic locking hubs are a fine idea for somebody that only needs 4WD during the occasional snowstorm and doesn't want to bother getting out of their vehicle. But they're just too unreliable for regular 4-wheeling off-road, failing far too often when you need them the most, and leaving you stranded. Plus, automatic hubs have other issues like slipping when engine braking on a hill.
These manual locking hubs will give you the reliable 4WD performance you need for serious off-roading. And they off other benefits like improved fuel economy and reduced driveline wear. When freewheeling in 2WD mode friction is greatly reduced, for increased mileage and enhanced driveline durability. They're made of impact resistant nodular iron, with a corrosion resistant die cast aluminum cap.
These manual locking hubs come with everything required for easy installation, including instructions, and they're backed by a 3-year limited warranty.11.99 114.99
Brand: Rugged Ridge Part Numbers:
Rugged Ridge® is a division of Omix-Ada, the leader in Jeep replacement parts. Based in Suwanee, Georgia, Rugged Ridge was begun almost two decades ago when the enthusiasts at Omix-Ada decided that even a vehicle as tough as a Jeep could be improved upon. Since then, Rugged Ridge has created over 500 accessories to improve your Jeep’s performance, utility and appearance. Unlike parts made for ordinary vehicles, Rugged Ridge knows that every part made for a Jeep must uphold the Jeep tradition of strength and capability, so every part is designed, tested, manufactured and tested again to make sure it’s perfected. Then and only then can it be installed on your Jeep.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)
You will never pay more with CARiD! Not only will we match prices from any competitor's website or other reputable source, we will continue to honor that promise for up to one year after your purchase.
We'll match the price at time of purchase, or refund you the difference if done after the purchase. Either way, we are totally committed to providing you the best online shopping experience.
We're car and truck enthusiasts, just like you! And it's enthusiasts we hire in our Sales and Service Centers. Many of our staff are ASE certified and have spent years in the retail auto business.
We conduct our own in-house training, and we even bring vendors to us for hands-on product training demonstrations. You're getting true expertise when you phone or email us!
With hundreds of vendors, and tens of thousands of components for sale, we put tremendous effort into coordinating our data with our vendors' data in order to guarantee that you get the correct part.
Our huge database is regularly cross-checked to keep it current and optimized. At times, our thoroughness makes our data even more accurate than our suppliers! This rigorous process means that you can always order with confidence.