Oldsmobile 442 Base V8 1968, Sport TVS Lowering Kit by Hotchkis®. This is a complete kit with components that give your vehicle reduced body roll, sharpened steering response, and enhanced handling. Provides a subtle drop in ride height, and gives any classic or modern performance car significant gains in high-speed stability, cornering, and driver control.
- Complete kit that provides all components necessary for reduced body roll, sharpened steering response, and enhanced handling
- Provides valuable gains in high-speed stability, cornering, and driver control
- Specifically designed and tuned to provide your make and model’s suspension with optimal performance at lowered ride heights
- Sway bar ends feature multiple mounting holes to customize the level of stiffness
- Includes 4 coil springs (with bump stops) that provide an equal front/rear ride height drop vs. OEM springs
- Stiffer-than-OEM spring rate reduces body roll, nose dive, and rear squat for improved handling
- Greasable polyurethane bushings resist deterioration, cracking, and drying out under extreme use
- Suspension subframe connectors are included for enhanced chassis stiffness
- End links and stainless steel hardware are included
- All steel components are joined together by TIG welding which provides the cleanest, most even bonds for high strength
- Durable powder coat finish on all steel components provides effective protection against corrosion, chips, and scratches
- Excellent enhancement when upsized wheels and low-profile tires are fitted to your vehicle
- Hotchkis sway bar mounting kits are available separately for vehicles not so equipped
- 3-year manufacturer warranty
- Manufactured in the United States
Whether you’ve got a classic muscle car or import, a Hotchkis Sport Lowering Kit will give your vehicle an aggressive, lowered stance and sharpened handling which lets you hunker it down and bring it up to modern performance car standards. The kit starts with 4 coil springs that provide a moderate drop in ride height without the bone-jarring ride quality that comes from poorly engineered components and improper tuning.
Balanced for neutral steering and precise turn-in response, Hotchkis Sport anti-sway bars are also included to further reduce side-to-side body roll around turns, enhance grip, and reduce unwanted weight transfer. Whether you’re on the track or towing a trailer, you’ll truly value the increase in stability the anti-sway bars provide at any speed. Hollow sway bar tubes are formed by a Drawn Over Mandrell (DOM) process, which allows manufacturing tolerances to be 20 times tighter than the hot rolling process that many competitors use. One-piece billet ends provide easy, strong attachment points, and multiple mounting holes allow you to dial in the exact amount of stiffness preferred. Typically, that’s up to 160% higher than most stock anti-sway bars.
Hotchkis uses maximum strength “carbon steel” for all load-bearing components which is harder than traditional steel and extremely resistant to bending or dents. An outer finish of durable powder coat is applied to all steel components to ensure peeling, discoloration, and deterioration are eliminated while long-term corrosion protection is maximized. Should you need to remove any of the components in this kit in the future for any reason, stainless steel hardware will make it easy because nuts and bolts will not be rusted or seized. All steel components are joined and are joined together by a Tungsten Gas Insert (TIG) welding process. It provides clean, even welds and a consistent level of bonding strength on all areas – eliminating inconsistencies which create weak points and areas prone to metal fatigue or failure. Hotchkis builds all components in the United States, and backs them against failure due to manufacturing defects for three years.163.52 1,719.01
Brand: Hotchkis Part Numbers:
Founded in Santa Fe Springs, California in the late 1960s during the height of the original muscle car boom, Hotchkis Sport Suspension got its start building products that blessed GM, Mopar, and Ford performance cars with new abilities to corner and handle with stability at racetrack speeds. As the company’s reputation for building quality products grew, Hotchkis components soon found their way onto all kinds of vehicles that were not made to go fast in any way, shape, or form. It didn’t take long before station wagons, convertibles, and pickup trucks were wheeling around tracks all over southern California with the tenacity of sports cars. After decades of developing suspension-enhancing products that have led to victories in championship racing events, slalom track competitions, and street challenges, Hotchkis has refined and perfected their manufacturing techniques to become the internationally respected company they are today. In 2013, Hotchkis opened a second facility in North Carolina which allows them to perform R&D on multiple platforms simultaneously, fabricate products for a greater number of racing applications, and offer suspension installation services. CARiD is proud to offer the best values you’ll find on a full range of Hotchkis sport coil springs that lower your vehicle’s center of gravity to add resposiveness, tubular sway bars that optimize chassis balance, control, and stability, rear suspension packages that dramatically improve traction during launch and cornering, and much more.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)