Pontiac GTO V8 5.3L 1964-1966, Blueprint HEI Distributor by Taylor Cable®. Don’t build up a modified engine with a stock distributor, especially a used part of indeterminate lineage. Instead, install a blueprinted HEI distributor from TaylorVertex. Manufactured to tighter tolerances, it provides a reliable, scatter-free spark up to 7500 RPM.
- Performs misfire-free up to 7500 rpm
- Precision CNC machined A354 T-6 cast alloy housing for maximum accuracy
- Centerless-ground shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation
- Comes with an adjustable vacuum advance and a factory installed high-performance mechanical advance curve
- High quality bronze oil-lite bushings are installed and rifle-bored for accuracy, durability, and extended life
- 50,000 volt coil with dust cover
- High-output GM style 5.5 amp performance module
- High strength dielectric red distributor cap and rotor with brass terminals resists cross fire and high rpm arcing
- Hardened steel gear machined to exact tolerances for a tighter mesh with cam gear
- Direct plug-in replacement for easy plug and play installation
- Chevy comes standard with polished housing finish
- Made in U.S.A.
Distributors wear out just like the rest of your engine. The bushings wear, letting the shaft wobble around. That lets the spark timing wander all around, costing power and potentially causing misfires. A really bad bushing can let oil seep up the shaft, dousing the electronics. Even if the bushings are only a little worn, the mechanical and vacuum advance mechanisms can wear, getting sloppy or sticking. Springs lose tension, pivots wear, counterweights stick. Sure, you can rebuild it with new bushings, new springs and all the fussy little parts – but are you sure the last guy wasn’t tinkering around inside there, attempting to plot his own spark advance curve? Instead, drop in a new TaylorVertex distributor.
This blueprinted distributor will reliably fire the spark plugs up to 7500 RPM. The premium Oilite bronze bushings are rifle-bored for accuracy after they’re pressed into the body of the distributor. That keeps the shaft centered, with minimum wobble, which means less spark scatter and more consistent ignition timing. The mechanical advance mechanism is curved for high-performance use.268.01Brand: Taylor Cable Part Number: 650330 UPC: 088197017285
Taylor Cable®, also known as TaylorVertex, is based in Missouri, and has been in the auto parts manufacturing business since 1923. With over 100,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehousing space, they build all of their components right here in the USA. They’ve also operated Vertex Magnetos, the racing legend, since 1994. Their continuing dedication to quality manufacturing, product development make them an important supplier here at CARiD.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)